Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Tulips" in Neocolors by CharlotteYealey



10 1/2 x 8
"Tulips"
Neocolors
This is a painting I did for a demo at the "Art in the Garden" booth at the Mid Atlantic Garden show in York on Friday March 5. I chose to work in neocolors that day because it is a fun medium and easy to take along. When I teach children's workshops, the kids love this medium because they look like crayons but you can also paint with them. You apply the color and can even layer colors on the paper then use a wet watercolor brush to blend the colors. The amount of water you use on the brush determines the opaqueness or translucency of the painting. Here is another painting I did in neocolors.



8 x 8
Neocolors
I love the brilliant colors I can create on flowers with this medium.

www.charlotteswebart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment